Friday, September 21, 2007

further studies?

Today I went to see Seamus,(head of Animation dept) about further studies overseas.And I just found out that it won't be a 2+2 course that I thought it would be.3+1 is the more likely way to go about it.

Why the rush? Because recently I heard a rumour that credit transfer isn't accepted in Australia because their courses are too different from ours.But Seamus said that's not a problem,so I'm ok with that.If it was then i have to start from scratch in Australia and I would be leaving for the airport in 3 months time,but that's not hapenning of course.

The thing is that ideally I can go to study in Australia so that I can apply for permanent residency easier and get to reunite with my sisters.But apparently Australia is not a good choice to look for univesities.Seems that there's one very good uni in Canada called Sheraton. Australia has Swinburne and RMIT that are both in Melbourne,but then again Seamus doesn't recommend Australia...

But then,Seamus goes on to say that 3 years here to get a diploma is good enough.After that,with TOA's high standards,it should be easy to get jobs.Degree is not that important because basically it's all about reseach and writing whereas diploma is about the techincal and aesthetical part of it.Which is sufficient.But my dad says to go for diploma anyways...

And then,Seamus being Seamus also added in a lot of optimism about animation,especially in Malaysia.Seems that people have noticed that eventhough Lucas Films is in Singapore,all their manpower comes from Malaysia,so that's why we have more animation students here.And he said that the latest news is that Lucas Films want to open a branch here soon.And then he said that even before graduation nearly 100% of the animation students get booked for various animation and gaming companies.So if you put 1 and 1 together it sounds like TOA is single handedly bringing about an animation revolution in Malaysia.Especially after he told us that Sheraton said they really regretted having a twinning programme with our closest competing institute because of the students lack of preparation to face their courses.

Well...I hope what he says is true.And I also hope that finding jobs in Austalia would be as easy as finding jobs here.

No comments: