Thursday, August 19, 2010

Picture time!

OK, so I brought over more bags that expected. After probably more than 4 repacks, this is the amount I got. I don't think the people sitting next to me on the plane were very appreciative of the amount of hand luggage I had, in the end I had to put 1 bag and the drawing board at the back of the plane where the food is kept.But then again other passengers brought a lot of hand luggage as well, so there was no place in the overhead compartment either way.

Transit in Singapore for 6 hours. Luckily Changi is a bit more amusing than other airports. It has mini gardens, koi ponds and a butterfly garden, plus free foot massage chairs and a tv lounge. They have locker type recharging stations for all your gadgetry as well, including iPods. Too bad some of the lockers had missing keys and damaged sockets though.
Check out the lighting. It's partly a skylight to use natural light in daytime.
Koi. I think they were hungry.
The place where I'm staying. It's more spacious than I imagined.Insulation must be pretty good,heater's not on, but its warm enough to walk around wearing the same things I wore in Malaysia. So far nobody else has moved into my unit, and there's just one other name posted on the door, so hopefully I can have this whole room to myself.(there are 2 rooms in the unit)



Kitchen is very empty now. Will need to do grocery shopping tomorrow. Also, the dustbin placement is awkward, but there's nowhere else to put it. Thought I had to go without breakfast today, but managed to work out how the stove works in time. Maggi mee. What else. I have leftovers from dinner today for tomorrow's breakfast though. Only managed to eat half of the portion at the restaurant itself.
The laundry room in the basement. Next, have to work out how the machines work.
And the common room. A bit small, but has a foosball table and a pingpong table in the air well.


No comments: