Saturday, August 7, 2010

Finally finished packing my bags for San Francisco. I have an innocent looking piece of check in

luggage that actually weighs 25kg, so I'm just hoping that if I check in my bag early,the people at check in will be generous and let me go with a few extra kgs. Better start practicing my 'pathetic expression' now.

At first the luggage weighted 28 kgs, but with a little expertise(it's called shifting the heavy stuff to the hand luggage)its down to 25. And then I remember that I haven't packed in my toiletries bag. Damn...I really don't want to pay extra for luggage, I've a suspicion that it will cost something like USD60 per extra kg.

How I managed to even fit my pile of belongings into those bags amazes me. I've got, among other things, a rice cooker, a frying pan, bedsheets and a fleece blanket in there. Most people say I should have just bought them there, but my parents prefered buying here since most probably they'll be even more expensive in US. And in that process, I wasn't able to pack in a whole lot of stuff. Mostly clothes(Its a 4 season country, how is a girl supposed to pack enough clothes to look fabulous all year round, in 23kilos?), and then there were some food containers, my violin (my roommates will be thankful for that...or should i just sling it onto my back and hope I won't break any bones?) and Maggi Mee!! Ish...they better sell asam laksa, freshly cooked or dried noodles, I don't care, in SF.Quite too much to hope for, I think, especially if I'm looking for reasonably priced, authentic tasting asam laksa. My tongue might have an emotional breakdown these next 3 years. Attempting to cook it by myself doesn't sound as if it will turn out successful either.

~~~~~~~
Ok, next, here are some photos:

A luggage tag Sook made for me. Thanks!

The Indian bangles I bought from Batu Caves recently.Kind of fragile though.

And finally,I dunno if I posted this picture before, but its a Venetian mask my sister bought me awhile back.

No comments: