Monday, August 16, 2010

OK, rounding off my food eating diary right now. This is my last chance to gloat to people who are already overseas, before joining them in food purgatory (more specifically the world of dorm living , stale pizza and semi successful one-pot meals)

Bytheway, I'm leaving tomorrow morning for San Fran. My flight leaves at 10.25am, so I believe I will be leaving for the airport at 7am.

My food eating trip to Melaka with the office people. Well, I dunno if there was enough bingeing to call it a food-eating trip, but we did cover sate celup and chicken rice balls. These pictures sing to me. The fact that the sate celup sauce might or might not have been kept in that pot for the past 20 years is besides the point.
Oh yeah, and Thai coconut. I like that, but haven't mastered the art of eating all the flesh before feeling a bit sick.
Indian rojak from ss15. I heard that the rojak guy doesn't have as many fans as a few years back though. Last time he'd open his stall at 11am, and you'd have sworn that people jumped out of bushes to be first in line to buy his rojak.
Indian rotis:Roti pisang, thosai paper, and roti bom (is that correct?) Thanks to Yen Kaye and Sook's teamwork I could have a bit of each, even after super sweet desserts at Delicious just before that.
And this morning's food, chee cheong fun.

No comments: