Friday, May 23, 2008

Venetian masks!!

This morning I was surfing the net and decided to check some out.I remember I saw one very nice one when I was in Australia.It was quite a huge mask,with a curly jester hat made out of opera paper and bells.

They don't come cheap though.Very elaborate ones made of quality materials can cost up to USD400.the simple ones that cover only the eyes are around USD30~40.The materials that they use are very beautiful though,and usually the ones with more material look nicer.Anything from feathers to lace,swarovski crystals,laser cut metal,cloth,leather,opera paper,textured paper,gold or silver leaf,bells,beads,tassles....you name it they have it.

Anyways,enjoy the eye candy.

This one is from the Cirque du Soliel,actually,I was having a look at their website and from there decided to look for Venetian masks.I remember Cirque du Soliel was in Singapore once.They performed Quidam.I remember the headless man with the umbrella.
The one I saw in Aussieland was something like this but more elaborate.Don't you just love the opera paper and jester hat?
A cat face version
One with laser cut metal decoration.Looks so romantic.
prolly one of my favourites.
Lush feathery piece.I have  2 blank Venetian masks at home,i was thinking of putting feathers on them too.
Another jester piece.
2 mask combination.It is meant to be worn.Dunno how though.
These last few are designed by Claudia Hapeman.This piece is called Shangri-la
Very light femenine looking piece.BTW,they sell masks for weddings too.
A very powerful looking piece
I like the tassels on this one.

No comments: