Monday, May 19, 2008

The party post

Sohs yesterday we had a family gathering at my condominium.Cos one of my Aussie aunties was on the way back from an international medical society meeting thingummy in a country which I forgot and decided to stop in Malaysia a few days before going back to Adelaide.


Then hor,I dunno why this time everyone so bersemangat make so much food.My mom boiled 2 pots of rice,then my cousin made 2 packets of spaghetti and an aunt had a platter of mantao also.In the end the rice and the spagetti were still more that 2/3rds left.Somemore before that my mom was wondering if we have enough food or not.But the hero of the day was still my jee yee,she made a container of kuih bingka,a container of pineapple tarts,a tin of prawn crackers and a pot of curry fish.Keng leh...her excuse for the tarts was that the pineapple was cheap and she had a lot of leftover butter at home.Needless to say,she bakes a lot.Sometimes she sells biscuits and jam back in Melaka.In the end we had a lot of leftover food,made me imagine packing the whole lot off to Burma or China or something.Could still feed a small village.As usual we resorted to dividing the food amongst our families.That's food for a few meals right there.

Also,one of my cousins brought his baby boy along.5 months old i think.Damn cute.When he first saw the crowd gathered at my place he opened his eyes big big .Can practically hear him thinking *gaspwhosthiswhosthiswhosthis*.Quite an inquisitive looking kid.My aunts were all happily torturing him by carrying him to the table where all the food was so that he can smell the food better,and try to tempt him with glasses of juice.And the kid would always try to grab at the glass of juice.Poor thing lah,some people still cannot eat funny funny stuff mah.

No comments: