Sunday, May 11, 2008

So the holidays are over.3 weeks are really not enough.Feels the same length as 1 week of college.So what have I been up to during the holidays? Didn't go out much except for movie marathon at Yilyn's place and Midvalley to see the college exhibition.Didn't do much art,felt quite lazy,prolly because I need a break from art for awhile.Haven't even managed to finish my art exchanges and my sculpture.


On the other hand,I've been studying a lot of Japanese and came to know what I didn't even know that I didn't know.Currently I'm in the middle of Intermediate level.Letsee if I can spare some time during college term to study the rest.Must practice what I know though,if not sure forget again.Playing with the idea of translating my blog entries...

Also,I've been watching a lot of movies,mostly old ones,on Youtube.First I watched 'Return to Oz',then 'Neverending Story' followed by some random fairytale puppetry stuff my Jim Henson.From there I linked to 'Mirror Mask', also by Jim Henderson.I'm at part 3 of 20 now,so far it looks good,also a lot like Bridge to Terabithia.BTW, the movie storyline was written by Neil Gaiman,who also wrote Sandman and Stardust.I think I see a pattern now= childhood imagination.I think it's fascinating,right,anything is possible.I used to write a lot of short stories when I was a kid also,reading them again is quite fun.Also,I'm currently reading Alice in Wonderland.Cannot believe that I haven't read that before.I was wikipedia-ing that book,and it turns out that Alice in Wonderland is written in a genre called nonsense writing.Sounds insulting,but actually it's a proper name for a genre.It's a genre about writing that is purposely not making any sense and uses a lot of wordplay.

Oh well then,happy studying,people.

Youtube is not loading.

No comments: