Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Fugly post

Yesterday I was procrastinating about painting my art exchanges and decided to redraw some of my old characters from 3 years ago.Pretty fun stuff.Those were the days when I was very free and could draw whenever I damn well wanted to.I remember when I was in form 1 or 2 I made a very long winded comic about the first few characters called 'Lupus' which was about a gentle  werewolf accused of murder.I managed to do 2 stacks of comic without even thinking up a solid storyline.Also,back in those days Harry Potter was all the rage,and guess what,my characters were students in Hogwarts.Lame leh...I surprise myself sometimes.

~~~~~~
Character #1:Alan.

Tall and athletic Aussie beach bum Alan with blonde spikey hair.Most famous member of the school archery team (nicknamed the Cupid Club because of Valentines favours they do to get funds).Has an outgoing personality, many rabid fangirls and an eyebrow piercing.Additionally, has a very much younger brother who's interested in nature,his name is Gareth.Has an elder brother who is a famous band member as well,I think his name was Harold.Later on,when I was thinking about remaking the comic, Alan's area of speciality in magic was supposed to be Sanubari,which is mind reading, mind and emotion control.

Not bad leh...all that from memory alone.

before:

after:
Too much surfing when he goes back to Australia equals a bad sunburn,freckles and hair getting more and more damaged due to the sun,pool water bleach and Brylcream.
~~~~~~~
Character #2:Dermot

The short Irish boy with black hair and a thick white streak on his left fringe.Best friend material as he is the one who defends the werewolf guy whenever anyone makes fun of him or accuses him.Laidback personality,but don't piss him off,he knows Karate.Member of the school quidditch team*slaps forehead* playing beater.But either ways he's prooly my favourite character of the lot.I don't think I will be continuing Lupus,but I might be using Dermot's character for another comic,along with his younger brother Daniel.Speciality in the remake was Samudera,which is control over water.

before:
after:
~~~~~~~
Character #3:Eros

OMG...that name was so random.Here's an article about the real Eros. I solemnly swear to think of better names next time.I think the name came from Eros Ramazotti,I salute his mom.

Anyways,Eros is the werewolf guy in question,who lives as an orphan since he was 6 due to a wolf attack.Very fair with white blonde hair and a withdrawn personality.Speciality in the remake was Bahang,or control of fires.

before:
after:


~~~~~~~
Character#4:

Edward,the head student with ego problems.Very serious and excels in almost everything he does.Suspicious of Eros' background and often treats him unfairly,even more so when he is jealous of Eros's quidditch talent.Most people think that he is very cold,but his best friend is actually Alan.Polar opposites,but the get along fine.

before:
after:
~~~~~~
Next up,some assorted characters.

Character #5 and 6:Joey and Christoph

My mascots for Caffein workshoppe.Caffein workshoppe was a crash art project I had during school breaks.Joey and Christoph were of course sort of like my alter egos,the artistic twins.

before:
ok,fine,I only have chibi versions here.
after:

Joey.Represents the person I'd want to be,super artistic, outgoing, self reliable,friendly and beautiful.
Christoph.The twin brother that I would like to have.Reliable, supportive and mature.The twins dress exactly the same down to the earrings ;except for the monocle.OKlah,can sort of notice the quality of drawing suddenly dropped,that was because by then I was very tired already,drawing 7 characters in one shot, at night somemore.
~~~~~~
Character#7:

Sky.Not a very developed character,but one I remember well either ways.The vocalist of a band called Freestyle.Electric blue hair and green eyes,plus baby face.There are supposed to be a guitarist and a drummer but I forgot their names already.

before:
after:
Kind of liked this pose tho.He and his emo pierrot makeup

No comments: