Sunday, October 7, 2007

Movie critics

edit: in a report the next day ,manufacturers claim that melamine is safe to use for eating,unless food is hot.So in short, don't use melamine...duh...

~~~~~~
I was on a movie marathon thanks to Tim Burton researching for a week. So in the end I youtubed up "The Nightmare Before Christmas"," Big Fish" and "Sleepy Hollow".

In my opinion Big Fish was the best of the three,and is fantastic by itself.It's very touching and has that rare surreal quality that i like so much.*Check out the town of Spectre* I recommend that you go watch it too.I especially like the part when the main character comes back from war.T-T.The ending of the movie is perfect.

The Nightmare before Christmas was just screaming TIM BURTON all the way.Hahah...I like the characters, especially the Mayor(I have wierd likings for characters.Of all characters, in Corpse Bride I liked Elder Gutnickt and the butler the most...).I feel so inspired to become as creative as Tim Burton one day.So prolly Burton will have the most influence on my visual com project, seeing how things are now.

Sleepy Hollow starred Johnny Depp( surprise surprise) but this time surprisingly I didn't think that he did such a good job.But the storyline was still good,(or was it the action that made it interesting?)Ahhhhhh...nothing like a good gory movie to bring out the cavewoman in you.Cinematographer Emmanuel Lubezki, who also worked on A Series of Unfortunate Events, did a good job on this movie too, so I think I've just found a new name to add to my stalk list.

No comments: