Thursday, November 25, 2010


Today was all about restocking my kitchen. Went to Chinatown 2 times to get groceries, the second time was for rice. But because of that, I had a late lunch, so in a hungry mood I decided to get a few Asian goodies for myself.


Ok, fine, they are both Japanese products. But I've been curious about how Calpico tastes like ever since Tali recommended it. It looks kind of strange, like the child of Eno and milk. The bottle says non-carbonated drink, which immediately makes me think that it is. I'm not sure if it is a fruit drink, a milk drink or a soda. And it's called Calpis, which is an awesomely imaginative name (I think Calpis and Calpico are the same company? Maybe they changed their name after someone told them how unappetizing Calpis sounds)My verdict? It's ok. Tastes a bit like Vitagen actually.

Also, I saw Old Town white coffee being sold in Chinatown. I think it was something like $17 for the usual sized bag. I forgot how much they sell it for in Malaysia. I saw Kopiko also.

Usually the most pressing reason why I go to Chinatown is to get fruits. Somehow I don't feel full if I don't eat fruits. So this is my trend nowadays: Making fruit boxes. They are fruit salads, but I take them as snacks. Besides filling up my quota of 5 fruits/veg a day, they also say that you should take fruits and veg from as many colours as possible because different coloured food has different nutrients. So in this pic, I have 3 colours: red(apple), orange and purple(grapes). I threw in some cheese as well for good measure.The fruits looks really happy together in the box. Maybe a good way to trick kids into eating more fruits.


Tomorrow is Black Friday, which means it's Sales day. Apparently there are really huge sales, especially for electronical items, but the sales are only for around 3 hours, so people go early in the morning and wait outside the shops before they open, then scramble inside as fast as they can. Kind of makes me feel like a tired salmon swimming upstream just thinking about it. I haven't even visited the shopping complexes before, so I dunno their layout. I'm the underdog here.I'll probably just go and have a look without any expectations, although I am thinking of getting a bigger bag. Nowadays I bring my green bag to uni anytime there's a lot to bring. The one I have currently is only good for putting my wallet,handphone and other small things, and 1 notebook maximum.

No comments: