Sunday, November 28, 2010

Black Friday shopping!

Actually it was more of window shopping. The only thing I bought were new earplugs that were 50% off. The ones I bought previously chose a good time to act weird.So I bought these: Skullcandy Ink'd. I've been hearing a lot of recommendations for this brand, so I got these, eventhough there were iPod earphones going for the same price. One thing I like about these earplugs is that the plug parts are just a rubber skin, so they fit your ears exactly, blocking out external sound.
Other than that, I just went around trying on clothes for fun. The crowd was horrendous. It looked like Chinatown. There had to be traffic police to control people from spilling out onto the roads. Some shops were open since 5am or so, probably those selling expensive items like electronics.

But anyway, I had a good time. Fell in love with this brand:AllSaints Spitalfields
I think it's a UK brand though. But their clothes are so my style. All about unique structure and material. Their style is kind of rugged and vintage with muted colours.(With the sale, it was still pretty expensive to me...I think it was $90 for just the inside blouse I'm wearing in the 3rd pic. Not to mention, I still convert everything)
Focus on the clothes here. I know I'm studying 3D modeling, but that doesn't mean I actually know how to model. I need more camwhore inspiration from the yum cha gang.My poses remind me of the joke about people who look exactly the same in all of their photos.
This jacket is really heavy. It's got all kinds of pockets and layers all over the place like cargo pants. Kind of reminds me of a line from Jurassic Park: "Is it heavy? That means it's expensive. Put it back."

~~~~~~
Tried some really good recipes recently. This one is Tikka Masala. A bit more elaborate than what I usually cook;it's got 2 types of marinades plus 1 sauce:tons of ingredients. But it was worth it. I wasn't expecting much, since the Chana Masala I tried before this was too sour for my liking. Another one I tried was Chicken Kiev(I substituted for beef, which is probably even better)but my result is not much of a looker, so no picture for that.

No comments: