Monday, November 1, 2010

A few days ago, I went treasure hunting for natural objects I could use for still life drawings. It was drizzling on that day, so I had to put out everything to dry as soon as I got back, but the good thing is that the parks were comparatively deserted, although I think I still might have made a few people think I'm weird, picking stuff off the ground like a homeless person. One of the park wardens for the day even stopped over to chat,and turns out he's an AAU student as well(only works on Saturdays) See...AAU practically owns San Francisco.

But anyways, since it's autumn, I decided to collect leaves and make some Autumn themed drawings. I also found a tree which had these cute leaves that look like scaled down maple leaves
So I'll be using that for my still life. But other than that, remember the maquette sculpture I did before this? Anyways, the theme was fire, with autumn elements, so I think I could add in a few of those leaves for the final piece. Look how well they scale down:
~~~~~~~
Cooking update:

Made pancakes for breakfast these past few days. Been enjoying it with a bottle of peanut butter and bananas. I'm just waiting for the pimples to pop out now. But pancakes are a really easy and cheap breakfast, and you can throw in whatever ingredient you can think of. Speaking of which, I've been making a lot of scones to bring to uni for lunch too. So far, I've made the following varieties: Cinnamon, garlic, plain scones,chocolate chips, black pepper,garlic/oregano/thyme mix. Actually, the garlic/thyme/oregano one tastes the best so far, it smells really good. Plan to try carrot, banana, peanut butter and nutmeg varieties next.
Broccoli-kidney bean casserole, and pumpkin-apple soup. The casserole is one of those below-5-ingredients things(broccoli, kidney beans, tomato sauce, cheese, rice), but it turned out surprisingly good.
6 can chili. A bit of a cheat, since you just fry up some turkey and pour in 6 cans: 4 types of beans, tomato puree and chopped tomatoes. Then top off with cream(I substituted with sour cream, which is probably better) and cheese

No comments: