Thursday, April 24, 2008

Stupid question #456:How to make Vision Art aunty happy.

Answer:Spend RM1111 in a single receipt.

Sohs,I went and bought marker supplies for myself,Yilyn, Anisa and Simone today.The total was 202 pieces of Prismacolour berol markers at Rm5.50 each that amounted to RM1111.The Vision Art aunty was smiling non stop while she was calculating the total okay...eventhough she said she makes 3o sen profit from each marker only.(no,she didn't give me discount ToT)

And this is my collection of markers now.


Another shot:
Fine,those grey markers at the side are last term's leftover markers,I just put them there to be more dramatic.
And this is how 202 pieces of markers look like.Each box has 6 markers inside.

OK,fine,my leftover markers from last term are in there also.
So now my collection lives in my art supply cabinet together with the Highschool staple of cheap Buncho poster colours.
And since we are on the topic of crazy expensive art materials,we might as well add in my supplies for Jason's sculpting class.
Photostats amounting to RM2,
3 bars of clay amounting to RM120,
wires amounting to RM6,
epoxy putty worth RM3 if i share with Anisa
sculpting tools amounting to RM36.50(and i need to buy more)
and the wood block worth RM3.50

equals to...RM171

gasps...

*btw,it's cheaper to get the other sculpting tools at Vision for RM17.50(a few pieces) rather than Multifilla that sells them for like RM12 per piece...

Closeup shot of my tools

A sketch of the bugger I'm gonna sculpt.I call his Sergeant Thor.He basically looks like Davy Jones plus adult Bambi plus an asian elephant plus a random leather wearing biker guy minus the jacket.
So far I've done until here only: the metal frame.Those horizontal sotong leg things are supposed to end up at the octopus tentacles.

No comments: