Monday, January 24, 2011

Went to Napa Valley last Saturday. It's well known as an area that mainly has vineyards, so Mandy, Chad, Justin and myself went there for wine tasting and to enjoy the view. It's around 1 1/2 hours drive away. First stop, Robert Mondavi Winery. In the end it was the only stop where we tasted wine. Tastings are not free, so after Mandy had bought her wine here and went past her budget, the guys weren't eager to do anymore tastings.

The view here is really good,plus Robert Mondavi Winery's architecture has a really pretty rustic style.



Pity it's winter, so we don't actually get to see grapes growing.
Next stop, Plump Jack Winery. Much smaller than the first one. But it would be a nice place to stay, much quieter than the city.

Last stop, I can't remember the name of this winery, but it has a small museum with antique parlour toys which are like the ancestors of movies(zoetropes, antique projector-like devices called magic lanterns, etc.).
~~~~~~~
Well, Ok, now for a small side story, since this freaked me out a bit. I found a blood orange among the pile of regular oranges that I bought. At first I thought it was spoilt or something, but after a bit of research online, I ate it and I still feel ok. I haven't eaten blood oranges before, but it tastes a little bit different than the regular types.

No comments: