Saturday, January 1, 2011

Here's a ton of photos from way back on Christmas eve to New Year's day. But first up, here are some pictures of cute carrots I bought from the Farmer's Market at Civic Centre. I think they are probably the rejects that cannot be sold to middlemen, but they amuse me, so they get my money.
Tiny little carrot.
Cartoon-looking carrot. You can just make it into a squeaky toy.
The size comparison of the smallest carrot, to the biggest egg I had in the fridge. The eggs I bought from Safeway are a bit dodgy I think, it reeks of genetic manipulation, almost all of them have double yolks and they are gigantic. I'll stick to my free range eggs from now onwards, they are pretty cheap too.


~~~~~~~
New Year/Eve Dinner. This is a part of what we had prepared, looking glorious on the stove. My Jong Gol and Chad's (Mandy's boyfriend)Chicken Curry, plus rice to go with them.
Mandy's Devilled eggs and cupcakes, chillin' out in the fridge.
Some closeups.
The curry's really good, but the chili peppers are a little scary. Eat with caution.
Cincau that will be made into MJ later on.
Cupcakes, with Christmassy sprinkles.
Dinner laid out on the table.
Stuffed from dinner, it's time to play some games, courtesy of Justin. Feels nice to play games again, but I'm pretty outdated, can't recognise any games that are being sold nowadays. This one is Dixit, where you try to guess which card is being described. It's fun cos it has surreal looking artwork on the cards, so they can be interpreted any way.
Phase 10, where you try to build up specific groups of cards.
Taboo, where you try to get your teammate to guess a word that you are describing.
And one more that I cannot remember what it's called, but is a strategy game about to building train tracks before you get cut off by another player, or run out of cars
Later, we attempted to watch fireworks from the rooftop, but we couldn't see them because of the taller buildings (the fireworks were being released at the wharf)
View of the street from the rooftop.And then it started to drizzle.

~~~~~~~
Backtrack to Christmas eve.Turkey!!
Dinnertime! left to right: Joseph, Justin, Chad, Mandy.
Mandy and Chad's little Christmas tree, with candy canes for us.
Spring onions I got from Chinatown just before the dinner. Xiao Wen and Gi's cup looks so funny.

~~~~~~~
A few more random pictures. A window display at Macy's. The other windows had kittens and puppies that were up for adoption from SPCA, in a Christmas setting.
Japantown. Check out the street signs.
Some Japanese themed structures.
In unrelated news, I found these in a supermarket in Ingleside. It caters for Asians, which makes sense since so much of Ingleside is Asian. Saw Maggi Mee being sold as well, for $3.50 for those 6 packet ones.I think I should bring Maggi Mee and sell it here by myself. Bak Kut Teh is a Malaysian thing, not a Chinese thing, I'm pretty sure.I couldn't find it in Chinatown. And this packet is made in Malaysia.

No comments: