Friday, April 23, 2010



So I was curious about Love Never Dies. I read the summary and it sounded a bit like a fanfiction kind of thing. In a nutshell, Christine and Raoul have a son called Gustave, and they have moved to the United States. Also, turns out that the Phantom isn't dead, he's in America too...

Also, the poster kind of turns me off, it looks so 70s and Rock Opera meets flower power to me.Someone even mentioned it looks like Britney Spear's death mask.

But either way I went on to sampling one of the tracks from youtube, and pleasant surprise, it does look very promising after all. Or at least that's what I think from that one track.All the essential feelings are still there despite having different cast and songwriters from the Phantom of the Opera. I think I'll go get the cd and see how it is...

As for the reviews, some people were waxing lyrical , and some thought it wouldn't be worth you time, the usual variety you get from online reviews, so I cannot conclude anything from that.

The above clip is Ramin Karimloo playing the part of the Phantom.Yes...strangely they chose not to make him look deformed...hopefully the term 'American cutting edge plastic surgery' will not be mentioned...

No comments: