Friday, June 5, 2009


Yesterday I watched Coraline at last. I don't think they're showing it in cinemas here tho. Malaysian cinemas suck like that.



It's based on a story by Neil Gaiman( who wrote Mirrormask and the Sandman series) and directed by Henry Selick (who worked on Nightmare before Christmas). So I guess you know which direction it's going to take,lol. The theme is more or less the same with Mirrormask, about a child not valuing their parents enough. I think it was pretty good, eventhough at first i was a bit disappointed that the style was not Dave McKean's(Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean's styles are liek a match made in heaven or something) but in the end the style they ended up using was pretty effective as well. It's in stopmotion animation BTW. But i like the character design, especially the circus mice for some weird reason. Check out the part where paper mice float out of the door. I like that part particularly for some reason.

No comments: