Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Walking to and from classes more regularly nowadays allows me to indulge in one of my favourite games, which I call "Quick, male or female?". The rule of the game is to look at passersby and try to guess if they are dudes or dudettes.

scandalous. i know right.

The reason being, I think that a lot of people in SF look androgynous. And before this I thought that Asians are pretty androgynous. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but sometimes I swear I cannot tell, especially if they have long hair and are wearing a coat. Plus there are a lot of AAU students around the city, and AAU students are pretty dandy regardless of gender. It's normal to see guys wearing dress shoes and fedoras with small feathers in them, to class. Or girls with tri-coloured hair, meticulously styled and tied. (TOA students: remember those times you were so sleep deprived, you didn't even comb your hair before class? Well, this is not like it)

Also, I always mistake some people as being Chinese, when actually by their surname they are probably from one of the Latino races. Not being racist or anything, I just surprise myself sometimes.

This has all probably got something to do with human evolution and coming closer and closer to the super average human, right? Like the way they say people from mixed races and androgynous looking people have better genes...

So I'm going to leave you with a pic I found online recently, this is Andrej Pejic, a male model based in Australia, who is almost synonymous with the phrase 'androgynous model', at least by my impression anyway. Apparently he's been modeling women's clothes as well. Anisa and Yilyn, I know you love this.

No comments: