Thursday, February 10, 2011

It's been a sunny Winter, so it's good weather to go jogging even around the city. It so funny because I passed maybe half a dozen iconic sights and tourist attractions on my rounds.

Lombard street crooked road. At last I got to see it. Not really much actually, it's just 1 block long with some plants at the side.It was pretty cute to see a smart car drive down the road though...
Fort Mason. Used to be a navy dock, but now it's more of a park. Downhill from here, you can see the docks. Can jog and hear the sound of the ocean.

~~~~~~~
More CNY photos!
My new table layout. Finally got the card from my parents. Thanks! Also, some Japanese sweets from Xiao Wen and Gi, and a pumpkin pie shaped candle from Desiree from last Christmas.
The food we had for CNY dinner. I made the potstickers. Xiao Wen and Gi made pork curry, Chad made the salad, Mandy made jelly, and Justin brought drinks.

~~~~~~~
And more food experiments.
Tried to make my version of black pepper chicken and cheese that used to be sold at Asia Cafe. It used to be about the best thing you could eat there, but it was comparatively expensive, so that stall chap lup. For my version, I tried substituting white rice for a combination of red rice, red beans, lentils and pumpkin seeds, and oyster sauce, black pepper and sour cream for the black pepper sauce. Dunno how the stall people make theirs so creamy though, mine turned out dry, maybe it's the type of cheese, or type of sauce... or method of cooking.
Tofu noodle. Very healthy, because it's just boiled vegetables and noodles, but what makes it nice is the fried tofu and chili oil.
Here's a picture of a mixture of grains. I'm so fascinated, I don't think they sell many varieties of rice in Malaysia, eventhough we are neighbours with Thailand. But anyways, this is red rice, black rice, and some lentils to make things prettier. There's also stuff like sweet rice, sweet black rice, wild rice and quinoa sold here. Apparently black rice is very nutritious, and is called forbidden rice because it used to be only for the Chinese emperor to eat.

No comments: