Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hah. First week of classes is done. It was pretty much what I expected, which means it'll be a lot of work to do. Not impossibly a lot, but still will keep me occupied continuously.


Advanced texturing and lighting class: very fast lecturing.Hope I don't get lost halfway. Must make sure to get a good nights sleep and go to the toilet before class starts. It's like KFC's class(ok, maybe a teeny bit less demanding), except we are using software that we are familiar with. Lucky it's a 3 hour class and not 5, or my brain will be transported back to my dorm in little pieces.

Organic modeling. Probably will be an easier class than texturing. The lecturer made it clear that he prefers Maya over ZBrush, even though we will be using both, so I'm ok with that. I have to take ZBrush slowly, seeing that I've never used it before. Either way, ZBrush will be studied deeper in organic modeling 2. Looking forward to next week's class when we get to see each other's portfolio.

Ecorche. Nice small class. Amusing lecturer. He's one of the elder lecturers in uni. Don't know if it's just a coincidence, but the elder lecturers that I've gotten, even in TOA, tend to be more amusing and philosophical, like David from photography.

~~~~~~~
So my plan of attack is to
1) review my old Maya notes
2) review the online tutorials that I have and also check out the video tutorials from the library
3) visit CGsociety more often. I'm a bit behind on the inspiration department currently

which is a lot to do, feels slightly overwhelming when I think of the stuff that I planned to do, all the extra reading for the subjects that I took last semesters, and the fitness regime and field sketches which I might or might not be able to cram in.

No comments: