Tuesday, July 7, 2009

OK, now I'm not sure where I'll be going to further my studies. The problem is, I want to go into concept art, but not many animators can make it into concept art(more usual for illustrators to get in) because we are not trained in technical illustration techniques.(You see...I should have gone into Illustraton from the start) So I was asking my lecturer where to study for the best chance at going into this field. At first I wanted to go to UK but seems that it's not such a good idea. Now my lecturer recommends me to go to US, somemore to some unis that are not affiliated with my college. It doesn't matter because I can have a credit transfer and according to the lecturer, even go straight for masters with the credit hours me and my collegemates have. She was saying that I should take a major in Animation and a minor in Production design(not the same as Product design)


So the best 2 options seem to be the Academy of Art Uni (AAU) in San Francisco, or Ringling College of Art and Design in Florida. I still am not sure about the cost of each though, but some people at college think that the living costs are not as high as UK, and it's more worth it to get a masters. Besides, the entertainment industry in US is stronger than in UK.

So I did some research on both art schools this morning. I was more impressed with Ringling, it seems to be the top animation college in North America, and I could find the minor that I was interested in as well. But I was more impressed with San Francisco itself(compared to Florida) Seems to have a very strong art culture, and the animation industry there is better, or so people say. The trouble with the AAU website was that it didn't tell me what minors they offered, and didn't show any student artwork. The problem with the Ringling website was that there was no info about student lodgings.

I think the next step is to ask for a prospectus from both schools before deciding. But seems that Yilyn and Najib are most probably going to AAU...

How now?

BTW seems that it's about time to sign up for further studies already.We can start signing up 6 months before the start of the course.

No comments: