Saturday, December 18, 2010

Phew...finally shifted to my winter accommodation. Moved my stuff in 2 trips.In 7 bags of varying sizes(I brought the food in my kitchen.Don't ask),through the city, into the train and uphill 1 block(getting slightly lost both times), in the rain and probably a bit sleep deprived and muscle taxed to boot. But it feels good to be staying away from the city in quite a cosy house, channel surfing a proper TV on a proper couch, and watching the rainy scenery outside the big windows. This house actually feels like a place that you could live in, compared to the uni's dorms which is so utilitarian, and then every term you have to pack your stuff and clean the place to sterile condition, for some students,having to turn in their keys just a few hours after their last class. The furniture is actually comfortable here. What we had in the dorm was a TV in the common room which was always messed with to make it look like it was not functioning, with a suede couch of questionable cleanliness.

I should learn how to plan my packing to travel lightly next time though. I went through my luggage just now and found several things which I wonder what I brought them for. Good thing that the people here are quite helpful to help pull my luggage down stairs and help me find directions. And next time I will make 3 trips instead of 2.Or take a cab.

And here are some photos of work from the final week of classes!
Work in progress of a male bust. Since this photo, I'd put a toga on him and twisted his head a bit. But also I accidentally decapitated the guy bringing it back from the sculpture studio.Hopefully it will still be reparable when I get back to my dorm in Spring. The uni's going to be renovating the building over the holidays, so we had to bring everything out of it. I still shiver thinking about how I brought all those stuff back to my dorm this morning. I put this piece in my luggage bag because it was too heavy to carry by hand (I think maybe 30 kgs) and besides that I also carried another small sculpture, a board and a bag of clay, all in 1 journey. Almost broke both my back and my bags.
This one is finished and I handed it to my lecturer, along with the feet, to be baked over the holidays. Not totally happy since the face is a bit asymmetrical, but I didn't have the heart to tear it down either.
Final project for my anatomy class entitled 'Fire'(imagine a westernised Indian God Shiva, the destruction to bring about change as a positive thing theme).Still needs to be sandpapered and it's cracks repaired, but otherwise done. Maybe I'll be working on the face more though.
Also, I finally gave in and bought some more socks. I think I could save more money in the long run by washing my clothes when I can get a bigger load. Before this I've been running out of socks and having to wash my clothes just because of that.
And I found my pumpkin pie! It's one of those that you take out of the fridge and bake it yourself though, and it came out of the box in a mess(thanks to the store for storing it vertically, the unbaked filling slid off sideways. But at least now, my curiosity is satisfied,although I'd like a pie with more crust and less filling.
Cooking update: Chili stew. It's like ABC soup on steroids when it comes to the amount of ingredients, but it tastes like comfort food and is very healthy at the same time.

No comments: