Monday, November 16, 2009

Looks like I won't be going to watch Gidon Kremer's performance tonight. Nevertheless I'm subconsciously counting down the time until his performance, damn MPO website for putting the countdown timer on their main page...makes me feel regretful for not going for the performance.


I kind of decided the show wouldn't be worth it with Igudesman and Joo distracting from the performance, I think it's more of their show...but Kremer and the Kremerata Baltica orchestra should have a solo show...they're here anyways. It's not that easy to find musicians of their standard performing in Malaysia you know. Perhaps the Kremer team realised that as well. Most Malaysians have a culture of 'junkfood music' so they might as well perform in the US or Europe where they certainly can get more audience and people are more willing to pay for the tickets.

Oh well...until we meet someday, goodbye, Mr. Kremer.

Nevermind...I'll keep track of the goings on at the orchestra halls in San Francisco when I go there. I'm hopeful that I can at least catch a performance by Itzhak Perlman sometime in the future.

~~~~~~~
On a side note, my parents are surprised that I like classical music. I'm sure they think I just simply love junkfood music which is all we get on Malaysian radio.

No comments: