Tuesday, December 16, 2008

For those who do not yet know, I will be going to Vietnam on Thursday, until Christmas night.Going to Hanoi.Actually I dunno what to expect, but i hope it's nice and not like Malaysia where everything is promoted better than it really is =_=...

Meanwhile I'm trying to finish up those 3 flour sack animations before i leave, cos i only have 1 week left after i return, and i need that to do the half body modeling and find the sharing tutorials. This doesn't sound like a holiday at all does it? The only thing is that I get to wake up later than usual and fill in the extra time by reading to my heart's content.So far I've read up almost all my old Enid Blyton books(Famous Five, Secret Seven, St Clare, Malory Towers).I still find them nice to read one after another. Also, I've been going thru my old Highlight magazines. It's a childrens' magazine, but it's so nice, at least the international edition is. I wonder if they are still producing them.The paper it's printed on is like recycled paper, very natural feeling and nice to touch, and it's full of colours.They feature lots of things that i think will appeal to art industry people also, imaginative illustrations and articles about talented artists (I learnt about the Dinotopia artist from here)Incidentally I found out about Roger Tory Peterson from that magazine as well


Oh...I went and searched online, and it turns out that they do still produce Highlight magazines.I like their covers too, they have  an illustration on the back that gets kids to find the illogical parts of the picture, and those pictures are always very surreal looking

No comments: